homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Hey,
I know that this is a little late in the year but I need a partner in Region 8.
I am a second year debater. I am not all that great I score a average of about 23. I though am a researcher. Last year I put 200 hours in before each debate. I am committed to go as far as I can. The reason I am late this year is that I was not able to debate the first part of this year. Just PM me if you would like to partner.

Edit: I am in the Greenville, SC area.
Thanks,
James

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 pm 

Location: I can't think of anything witty right now...so...RIX
Partner Request: I have a novice in my club. He's tall for a 13 yr old but extremely smart and well-spoken. He got 2nd speaker at the practice tournament in Huntersville in November. He's willing to put in plenty of research time.

He may or may not be interested in the Gastonia qualifier but he wants to do a trial run at the January Huntersville tournament (28th).

Feel free to repost on my behalf on FB, Google+/Buzz, etc.

08-09 | Thomas/Young | Broke to Regionals
09-10 | Brake/Thomas | Broke to Nats
10-11 | Black/Thomas | Won Regionals, 7th at Nats
11-12 | Comfort/Thomas | Won 2 Qualifiers, Won Regionals
12-13 | LD Debater | 3rd overall in RIX, 7th at Nats

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 pm 

Is he part of R8?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:37 pm 

pwnage wrote:
Is he part of R8?

I'm pretty sure Daniel's club is RIX.

COG Author | NCFCA Alumna | Wife and Mother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:37 pm 

Well, I am in RVIII but since I am in the upstate ( 10 minutes from the NC line) I could reaffiliate with RIX if he wants to debate with me. If someone could get him to either PM me or email me if he is interested. My email is jslabad[at]gmail[dot]com.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:24 pm 

Location: I can't think of anything witty right now...so...RIX
Hey James,

I'll let Jace know. Right now he's just interested in a January test run. Could you give me a quick summary of your debate experience/awards/etc.? (pm me if you want)

Jace hasn't affiliated so he could possibly go to R8 if he wants to.

And I'm still open for other offers.

08-09 | Thomas/Young | Broke to Regionals
09-10 | Brake/Thomas | Broke to Nats
10-11 | Black/Thomas | Won Regionals, 7th at Nats
11-12 | Comfort/Thomas | Won 2 Qualifiers, Won Regionals
12-13 | LD Debater | 3rd overall in RIX, 7th at Nats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 am 

My partner is not going to be able to make it to the Capital Challenge in Annandale, VA (Region IX), and I am looking for a temporary partner. Registration is closed, but my partner is already registered, so my team's spot is saved. If anyone is interested, here are the details:
My name is Mackenzie Harmon and I'm a member of the NC Piedmont debate club. I am a Jr. in High school.Although this is my first year in competitive speech and debate, I do have other debate and rhetoric experience (In other words, I'm not terribly experienced, but I am competent)
If you're interested in a temp. partnership, pm me.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm 
McNixmunk

mackenzielain wrote:
My partner is not going to be able to make it to the Capital Challenge in Annandale, VA (Region IX), and I am looking for a temporary partner. Registration is closed, but my partner is already registered, so my team's spot is saved. If anyone is interested, here are the details:
My name is Mackenzie Harmon and I'm a member of the NC Piedmont debate club. I am a Jr. in High school.Although this is my first year in competitive speech and debate, I do have other debate and rhetoric experience (In other words, I'm not terribly experienced, but I am competent)
If you're interested in a temp. partnership, pm me.
Thanks!

Hello, so did Walker have a gymnastics meet or something? Anyway, Mackenzie is a great debater, much better than me, and very organized.

"Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth" - Albert Camus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:56 am 

Hey, so I got a temporary partner :) And thanks, Jeremy, but I'm nowhere close to your level as far as research ;) (Walker had to take the SAT)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:22 am 

Home Schooled: No
Last minute request: Are any RIXers needing a policy partner for the NC Qualifier? My daughter's partner can't go (just found out) and she has a slot. She has 4 years debate experience and is willing to partner with any level of experience. Time frame is extremely short, though, since it has to be sorted out before close of registration Friday night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 am 

I was referred to this thread for this post... sorry for reposting it.

I'm trying to get a feel for who all in R6 will be needing a new partner for next year (2012-2013), because I may need a new partner. I debated with my brother this year, but he has two people that want to debate with him next year, though it's not confirmed that that will happen (if I can't find a satisfactory partner, we will be partners again). So anyways, I'm wondering who all in R6 will need a partner next year.

I am going to be a senior and a second year debater next year. I am looking for a partner who is logical (this is a MUST!!!), courteous, a good communicator, and who realizes that, when a round is over, if you've lost the respect and/or friendship of the other debaters and judge(s), a ballot in your favor means nothing. I am willing to have partner from a different club and, depending on the club, I would be willing to join it in order to gain club protection.

And I guess the other question would be whether you know of any R6ers that fit the bill that will need a partner next year.

Thanks!

M. Carpenter

"We are too young to realize that certain things are impossible, so we will do them anyway." -William Pitt, Amazing Grace movie

http://www.thelittleadoptionmovie.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:42 pm 

I'm looking for a debate partner next year. I'm in R8, around the Greenville, SC area. I have debated 2 years. Last year I could not debate because of time issues. I am (or will be) a senior and have had lots of experience in both public speaking (from debate to comedy to preaching) and research (The last year I was in debate I averaged 100hrs a month). I really enjoy debate and am willing to go as far as my partner wants to. PM me or email me if interested.
jlabadorf@upstatethinker.com

Thanks,
James

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:21 pm 
Has met James Franco

Greetings HSD! :becool:

My name is Ra. Lane from the North Carolina Coast in NCFCA Region IX. I've been competing in Team Policy debate for four years and qualified to the National Championship in Extemporaneous Speech in 2011. Last year I spent long hours researching and my partner and I had some of the most consumer acclaimed evidence for the past two seasons. What debaters say about our research can be read here, under the "consumer reviews" tab. Last year's research has been widely requested and will be exercised at the 2012 National Championship. I currently write for the Etch magazine by Ethos and serve as a mentor for novice debaters in my region and out. My partner and I were literally one community judge's ballot away from qualifying to the National Championship ourselves this past year. I will be a Junior (aged 16) this coming season.

Past accomplishments within Team Policy debate include, but are not limited to:

• Qualifying to outrounds at the GA National Open - 2011
• Maintaining a 3-3 Record at the RIX Regional Invitational - 2011/2012
• Placing 14th at the IL National Open - 2012
• 15th Overall Team Policy Speaker at the IL National Open - 2012

Please PM me if you are interested! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 am 
His bark is worse than his scratch

Howdy.

I'm Isaiah Gerber, from Region 6. I'll be entering into my 6th and final year of competition in the NCFCA next year. I've competed in LD debate for the last 4 years, and have received a variety of lower level placings (both outround and speaker placings) during my stunt in LD. Given it's my final year in the NCFCA, I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to match the effort I put in this year so that we can have a positively amazing season. Either PM or email me at Isaiah.Gerber@gmail.com if interested. :)

And I also like long walks on the beach. Oh, wait. <.< >.> <.<

Also -

Masked Midnight wrote:
Greetings HSD! :becool:

My name is Ra. Lane from the North Carolina Coast in NCFCA Region IX. I've been competing in Team Policy debate for four years and qualified to the National Championship in Extemporaneous Speech in 2011. Last year I spent long hours researching and my partner and I had some of the most consumer acclaimed evidence for the past two seasons. What debaters say about our research can be read here, under the "consumer reviews" tab. Last year's research has been widely requested and will be exercised at the 2012 National Championship. I currently write for the Etch magazine by Ethos and serve as a mentor for novice debaters in my region and out. My partner and I were literally one community judge's ballot away from qualifying to the National Championship ourselves this past year. I will be a Junior (aged 16) this coming season.

Past accomplishments within Team Policy debate include, but are not limited to:

• Qualifying to outrounds at the GA National Open - 2011
• Maintaining a 3-3 Record at the RIX Regional Invitational - 2011/2012
• Placing 14th at the IL National Open - 2012
• 15th Overall Team Policy Speaker at the IL National Open - 2012

Please PM me if you are interested! :)

Masked Midnight is one epic debater. Anyone from region 9 who gets him as a partner is one lucky person. Just throwing that out there.

Drew wrote:
Blanket statements are bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:43 pm 
I know not this "leverage" of which you speak.

Greetings.

My name is Elijah Schow and I don't like sauerkraut. More relevantly, I live in South Carolina (Region 8) and have been debating since immigration year. (next year will be my 6th year debating) Unfortunately, if I can't find a partner for next year, I will have to turn to the dark side and do LD. (DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO ME)

Please send a private message to me if you're interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm 
Has met James Franco

Thanks Isaiah! :)

I also just wanted to say that both Mr Glasses and Scratch are fantastic debaters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:07 pm 

Mr Glasses wrote:
Greetings.

My name is Elijah Schow and I don't like sauerkraut. More relevantly, I live in South Carolina (Region 8) and have been debating since immigration year. (next year will be my 6th year debating) Unfortunately, if I can't find a partner for next year, I will have to turn to the dark side and do LD. (DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO ME)

Please send a private message to me if you're interested.

As his ex-partner (ex only because I graduated), I'd like to point out a few things about Elijah.
1. He is a great speaker and got several speaker awards this year, including 3rd at regionals.
2. He got 10th place in TP at nationals this year.
3. I believe he is the most experienced TP person returning to R8.
4. He is very likable to judges. This is important because if judges don't like you, they're not going to vote for you. Judges love Elijah.

Seriously, debate with Elijah. You won't regret it. :)

COG Author | NCFCA Alumna | Wife and Mother

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 pm 

^^everything that Laura said is 100% true. Elijah is a stud.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 pm 

Hey all!

My name's Tennyson Bush, and I'll be competing in Region 8 this year. I'm hoping to do Team Policy (What we like to call, "real debate"), but as of yet do not have a partner. Last year, my brother John and I broke to Octafinals at regionals, where we lost on a 2-1 decision, placing eleventh. Unfortunately, due to my family situation, I'll only be able to compete in March, and May through however far we advance.

If you're interested, shoot me an email at: faramir092@gmail.com, or PM me.

Best wishes,
Tennyson Bush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 pm 

Location: frantically trying accomplish college, highschool, work, teaching debate, and TP!!!!!
My name is Alysha Haydin from Northern Wisconsin (Region 6). I have been competing in LD for the past two years and in 2012, was a "slot" away from qualifying to Nationals. Last year I spent an average of 3 hours a day researching/writing briefs (for LD) and am willing to put in much more in order to secure a slot at Nats. I am currently serving as a coach, mentor, and junior linguistics manager in our club.

Past accomplishments in LD include, but are not limited to:

~Qualifying to outrounds in the Wisconsin Thaw 2012; placing 12th in LD and 16th in Speaker points
~Maintaining a 3-3 record at IL Open 2012 (with crutches :D); placing 13th in Speaker points
~ Maintaining a 3-3 record at the RVI Regional Invitational

I would ask that interested individual be willing to put in a lot a research effort, have at least two years of experience in some form of debate, be committed to breaking to Nats, and... have a skype account :P

Please PM me if interested.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next