homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1014 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
When is this resurrect happening?

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:09 pm 

So...I'm in France, so I'm not sure about this, but...I think 7/9 at 10:00 is long over, even in the US. Right? So where are the updates from last night? :P

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:08 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

HSD at 10:01 when the phase update isn't out

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

:oops: I'll do this when I get home from work in about two hours. I'm so sorry guys! :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:53 am 

Our hero wakes from his slumber, and founds he slept wayyyy too long. It's almost as if the night had lasted longer than it should have...

"I wonder if anything bad happened tonight?" he thought to himself as he put on his snowboots and walked to the door.

Unfortunately for the spectators following along at home, nothing bad happened at all. Y'all are the most peaceful bunch of mafia players I've ever seen.

Day 3 begins now and ends 7/12 at 10:00PM EST. I'm not sending out individual story messages today; sorry guys. Writing two or three pages of text per phase was a little much. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:59 am 
Hint hint peoples.

So...is Johnny the godfather then? Because I clearly sent my nightkill on him.

Johnnyw256 in case he can only die by a lynch or something. Open to change if someone has a better lead.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 am 

OK guys, the truth is out! I'm the investigator, and I've been working with Hammy and The Invisible Hand who I've confirmed are good. And the big news came tonight. Cyberknight is evil! Lynch him! My vote is in.

The first day/night I only gave my RPM to two people, Mr. E and Cyberknight. And then someone tried to kill me the following night, so I had a good idea it must have been one of them two who was bad. So Hammy coordinated with Evan to kill Mr. E based off of my suspicions (I'm so sorry Mr. E!) and I decided to investigate Cyberknight tonight. So that's what's been going on.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 am 

maranathaman is a liar. This is ridiculous. Anyone with a real investigate please investigate me and confirm that I'm good.

maranathaman.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am 

Sou
Cyberknight wrote:
maranathaman is a liar. This is ridiculous. Anyone with a real investigate please investigate me and confirm that I'm good.

maranathaman.

Just talk to The Invisible Hand and Hammy. They'll answer all your questions.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:09 am 

I talked to maranathaman.

He's claiming a lawyer-proof investigate to justify his "certainty" that I'm evil. Let me just point out that it is highly unlikely that anorton would put a lawyer-proof investigate in a game this small. I mean hecck, if the evil team did have a lawyer, it would basically be made useless by maranathaman's investigate, if maranathaman is telling the truth. The only lawyer-proof investigates I've ever heard of are lie-detectors, and they are usually in much larger games so as not to give good an unfair advantage. So it's highly unlikely that maranathaman would have the power he's claiming.

Not that I need this to convince me that maranathaman is a liar, because he's claiming that I'm evil when I'm not. Why he's doing this is beyond me, since if I'm lynched today everyone will see that I'm good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:15 am 

That "Sou" is a mistype, sorry I'm on mobile.

I was attacked and protected (thanks Hammy), and the only people I had contacted up to that point were Mr. E Cyberknight, and Hammy. I later confirmed TIH is good, so Hammy and TIH are out of the equation. So that only leaves Cyberknight. Investigate would be the #1 person for mafia to kill, and I was the first, so go figure. Process of elimination. And that''s without considering my investigate, which I used just to make completely sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:35 am 

maranathaman wrote:
I was attacked and protected (thanks Hammy), and the only people I had contacted up to that point were Mr. E Cyberknight, and Hammy.

This proves nothing unless we assume you're good and you aren't completely making all this up. Which I'm certain you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:05 pm 

I can confirm maranathadude's story. Cyberknight is evil. Sorry, Gabe, that's what happens when you cross swords with us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:47 pm 

Oh snap. I messed something up, guys. Let me PM the appropriate people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:56 pm 

anorton wrote:
Oh snap. I messed something up, guys. Let me PM the appropriate people.

anorton just told me that Cyberknight actually came back as good, not bad. Well, that changes a lot of things.

Unvoting Cyberknight, for now going with Johnnyw256.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:05 pm 

johnnyw256

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 pm 

Well, I must say, I clears up a lot of confusion. I couldn't fathom why anyone would accuse me of being evil, since it's so easy to tell I'm good once I die.

Anyway, maranathaman. Johnnyw256 is pretty obviously evil if the info from TIH is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 pm 

Hahaha I'm just catching up on everything and that was some drama. :)

Okay. So let me get this straight.

Maranathaman is likely good, because he was the only one attacked at night thus far, and because anorton actually acted to clear up Cyberknight's investigate result.

If he is good, then TIH and Hammy are most likely good, as well. As is Cyberknight.

Evan... confuses me. We are PMing a little bit. But his powers make little sense and he hasn't proved a single one of them yet aside from his DK. I doubt there are THIS many protects in the game. I'm starting to think that either 1) The Mafia is pretty inactive or 2) maybe there are no Mafia? (Hammy-style) What if we are all stuck in this game and the bad guy is the "Mod"? Idk.

Also, again, if we are going to lynch someone and no one has turned up evil, might as well knock out a neutral? It's not like the Mafia are killing anyone anyways. I don't... think they've killed anyone at all. It's been three nights.

So I'm voting Evan for now

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:42 pm 

Honestly, I have to agree with Justin.

1. @maranathaman has anyone you've investigated turned up evil?
2. Do we have any proof of any evil actions this game? (Nope).

This truly does feel like there is no mafia or, as Justin said, we have to kill the mod. We know that Sharkfin represents the mind of the mod and Evan represents that power of the mod or something like that. Maybe their D5 win can't actually be shared by us - maybe one of them makes it to D5 and we lose. So I'm gonna vote Evan.

As for lynching me. 1. I'm not evil 2. your reasons for lynching me are (a) Mr. E lied about a PM conversation with me as part of a complicated plot to catch TIH (b) I was blocked twice and there were no kills. HOWEVER lemme say: If you really do think I'm evil, that means I'm the NK, right? It makes much more sense for you to keep evil!me alive and keep blocking evil!me so there's no more nightkills. Not that complicated. I'm not actually evil, but if I were, it doesn't make sense for you to kill me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Agh, this is confusing. Andrew told me that I got blocked. This is really interesting, because I told SuperK1, Justin, Gabe, TIH, and Hammy my plans. One of them has to have blocked me or told someone to block me. Gabe is claiming a pretty hard role to fake claim.

Re: Justin and Johnny's analysis: As I've stated a number of times now, neutral's wincon is not mutually exclusive to good's or evil's wincon, as directly confirmed by the GM. So that's a pretty poor reason to kill me.

Now, your mod analysis might be pretty cogent, if there's some hidden mechanic at play here where everyone is either good or neutral, and we have to kill the mod to win. Andrew did state he could make fake rolepms for people though...which is unlikely to happen if everyone's good. Could happen if there's only neutrals, but that's not the route I chose to take. Instead, I decided to team up with and work with good, because mafia is either completely inept or inactive, and good controls the lynch vote. Every action I've taken this game has been in the interest of the good team. Additionally, I have two resurrects, so you'd just be wasting your time killing me regardless.

Meanwhile, we have someone who's lied about my correspondence with him in order to kill me. Lie = die in most mafia games, and I don't think there should be an exception made here. Between the confusing debacle of maranathaman vs. Cyberknight, and then me vs. Johnny...the choice is pretty clear in my book.

Edit (because I can mwahaha): Actually Justin, I did confirm one of my powers. I killed Mr. E. at TIH's direction. Why would I claim to be a super OP neutral and then not have most of the powers I'm claiming?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1014 Next