homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: CollegePlus!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:03 pm 
The Philosophy Juggler

Home Schooled: Yes
CollegePlus! is great for people who are inherent test takers and simply want to get to Grad School as fast as possible. A good example of this would be Shane Baumgardner, who completed his undergrad in less than two years and is now a J.D. candidate L1 at a top 20 law school - on a full-ride scholarship.

I personally like the idea of College Plus, and I almost did it. But I agree with everything Dr. Srader and others have said: there are benefits to the small Liberal Arts Colleges. That's probably where I'll end up, as I'm applying this year.

Kohiotoko wrote:
Do rap lyrics trump Ph.D papers in terms of credibility? I'm inclined to say yes.
Kohiotoko wrote:
CAPS LOCK IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME YOU GUYS.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 am 

Location: frantically trying accomplish college, highschool, work, teaching debate, and TP!!!!!
yeah. I know that this thread is dead... but who cares??? ;)

I'm currently enrolled in CP and have found that the Gen. Ed. courses aren't too bad, if one really buckles down to study. The nice thing is that you have the ability to knock off some courses that you might already be familiar with (For instance, I only have 6 more credits before I graduate from my Freshman year, and I have only been in since August)... however the downside is that there is no way to exactly tell what CLEP will actually test, you can guesstimate but in the end it's really touch and go.

Personally, I'd LOVE to transfer to a small Liberal Arts college..... however my parents are really pro-CP and soooo, it looks like I'll be finishing out the program.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 pm 

Pepsi wrote:
yeah. I know that this thread is dead... but who cares??? ;)

Ditto.

I'm in College Prep (that mini-program right before College Plus), and I really like it. The only thing is that I felt that they didn't inform me as well as they could have about the content of the CLEPs. I passed both the ones I've taken so far (I have another on Monday :O ) and I took an AP course last year so I'll have 22 credits when I graduate high school. It sounds to me like College Prep is probably more useful than College Plus in that way.

-LMJ

Caswell/Hubbard 2012-2013
Caswell/Hubbard 2013-2014