Due to the apparent failure to make it clear that this site is in no way affiliated with NCFCA, I hereby offer this official disclaimer:
NCFCA is NOT responsible for the content on this board.
Homeschooldebate.com is paid for, run, moderated, policed, by HIGHSCHOOLERS.
This site was created as a place for NCFCA participants to chat, though it has expanded and we welcome people with many different points of view, as we find it beneficial for debaters to do what they love best: argue, and seek the truth. Because of this openness, occasionally views are presented on this forum that some users or parents find objectionable.
By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
So you notice that:
1) The moderators have their duties, and I am firmly of the opinion that they do a wonderful job, even if they are "just kids." They are competent as adults, and need not be discredited merely on the argument that they are young.
2) There are standards of posts which must be upheld by all posters. Any posts violating these are, obviously, deleted.
3) Therefore, any "offensive" material usually are ideas that differ from those of the user. It is the user's decision whether or not to continue to view objectionable content.
4) While we do our very best, WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE for any content on this forum. Not only that, but the "we" there does NOT refer to NCFCA. NCFCA has zero control over this board, nor do they want it. This is an independent website, so if you have objections to the site, there are several courses of action you can take:
1) Do not (allow your kids to) frequent this board.
2) Do not (allow your kids to) view Controversy Corner, where most of the "objectionable" material is.
3) Contact a moderator or an administrator about concerns you may have of certain users or content.
However, bringing charges to the board of NCFCA is extremely ineffective, and misdirected. Please discontinue this practice, as it can only result in hurting the NCFCA community and perpetrating internal rifts.
AGAIN, LET IT BE KNOWN: HOMESCHOOLDEBATE.COM IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR UNDER THE CONTROL OF NCFCA.
-Originally drafted by Hannah Mead (starfish)
You think you're radical
But you're not so radical
In fact, you're fanatical